Manufacturing: The Industry of Forward Lean Thinking
Since Lean is often referred to as Lean Manufacturing, it is safe to say that the manufacturing industry has benefited from Lean tools and theories. Lean Manufacturing has repeatedly proven that applying the Lean concepts of continual work flow improvement and waste reduction significantly improves productivity.
The 6 Steps to Your Lean Manufacturing Journey
- Create stability to ensure processes can be repeated
- Understand customer value so that you can define what business process that add value and which do not
- Look at business processes holistically to ensure that changes improve the overall performance of the business and don’t just drive local change for the sake of change
- Create work flow to improve efficiency within the business
- Implement Pull and Just In Time, to ensure you have the right people, tools and material exactly when you need them
- Continuous improvement from week to week, giving you an edge over your competitors.
While these steps are different for every company, we utilize them to do two things for your specific needs:
- Tailor Lean for your unique company, people and processes
- Teach Lean, giving you the tools to continually implement new improvements. Our consultants do not simply deliver improved performance to you, but provide you with the skills and tools to be successful in your own ongoing productivity improvements.
Lean Manufacturing in Alberta
Most people when they think of Lean they automatically think of Toyota. There are however many more companies that have adopted Lean, one of which is the Alberta company Kudu Pumps. Kudu started on its lean journey in 1990s, when the company was adapting to the challenges of $10/gallon oil. Well – it didn’t just survive these challenges; it thrived as Lean Manufacturing helped it grow into a $300M company.
Kudu Industries Venture Magazine
To start your Lean Journey, or increase the Lean status you have already achieve, contact us at 403-470-1659!
Solutions and Case Studies
Choose your bottleneck